PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life



“Enjoy every bite of food, walk at a slow pace and take in your surroundings, let the other person finish their side of the conversation while you listen attentively, and stop in the middle of your day, close your eyes or look at nature and become aware of your breathing.”


I love this video & this quote.
I am trying to be more peaceful as of late.
I feel like I have a stormy sea of
ideas and expectations and problems and intentions
rattling inside me everyday.
To perserve my health and sanity,
I'm practicing stillness in self
and peace with life.

Do you guys do anything in particular
that helps you feel more peaceful?

4 comments:

Jenna said...

This is going to sound so dumb, but window shopping helps me feel less stressed. If I remember NOT to think about how broke I am and just enjoy all the pretty things I am seeing, it's quite a nice time.

Also, I notice a lot less turmoil in my life when I am focused on reading the scriptures and praying earnestly. Of course I also find a lot of solace in the temple, but it's difficult for me to get someone to watch my two kids so I can go. I'll take what I can get, though!

Lisa Maria said...

Balance! I make sure to do just enough of everything - I always feel stressed if I waste too much time or work too much - so managing my time so there's more balance between work and play keeps me peaceful. P.S. your blog is definitely my new favorite! I love it <3.

Elaine said...

listening to the scriptures. I say listening because i listen to it on my way to and from work. but then it got boring so i started listening to the ensign.

Kari said...

That is so what I needed to hear today! Thank you!